Steps of making compost
1. Prepare materials and add bacteria: Prepare the raw materials that needs to be fermented, preferably fresh animal manure (the fermentation effect of fresh manure is better than that of old manure), such as: add 0.25 kg of pig manure starter to about 1 ton of fresh manure. The starter should be mixed with rice bran (or corn flour, wheat bran) at a ratio of 1:5-10.
2. Build the heap: The height and volume of the heap should not be too short or too small. Requirements: The height of the heap is 1.5-2 meters, the width is 2 meters, and the length is not limited.
3. Adjust moisture. The moisture content of fermented manure should be controlled at 40-65%. Moisture Judgment: Hold a handful of manure tightly with your hands, see the watermark between your fingers but not drip, and it should disperse as soon as it hits the ground.
4. Starting temperature. The start-up temperature should be above 15°C (it can be operated in four seasons and is not affected by seasons, try to ferment indoors or in a greenhouse in winter), and the fermentation temperature should be controlled below 70-75°C.
5. Mix well and ventilate. The starter needs oxygen for fermentation. Therefore, during the operation, oxygen supply should be increased by mixing and frequent turning. Otherwise, it will cause anaerobic fermentation and produce odor, which will affect the fertilizer effect.
6. Fermentation is complete. Generally, after 48 hours of manure accumulation, the temperature rises to 50-60°C, and it can reach above 65°C on the third day. And the fermentation can be completed within one week normally. The material is dark brown, and the temperature begins to drop to normal temperature, indicating that the fermentation is complete.
Our compost making machine is complete in specifications and quality, and all indicators meet or exceed national standards. Different models and configurations is different price. Welcome to contact us for details.